Aim Biotech 3D Cell Culture Chips
3-channel design : 3D gel region flanked by 2 media channels
- Microscope slide format 75 mm X 25 mm.
- Compatible with all polymerisable gels including collagen, fibrinogen, Matrigel, etc. and combinations thereof.
- Gas permeable laminate for effective gas exchange.
- Optically clear and compatible with phase contrast, fluorescence and confocal microscopy.
- Enables monotypic or organotypic co-culture models.
- Enables the control of interstitial flow across the 3D gel region.
- Enables the control of chemical gradients across the 3D gel region.
- Sterile and ready-to-use.
- Designed for rapid media exchange through vacuum aspiration with no risk of over-aspiration.
- Designed for modular expansion with AIM Connectors.
- Fits into AIM Microtiter Plate Holders for easy handling and stacking.
**AIM Biotech products represented by Flexcell® are only for sale in the United States.
Applications of AIM Biotech 3D Cell Culture Chips
- Cell migration of both adherent and non-adherent cells and cell invasion
- Angiogenesis and vasculogenesis
- Metastatic cancer assays (spheroid dispersion and extravasation)
Key features of AIM microfluidic chips
- Long working regions that are easily injectable with hydrogel, with low risk of leakage.
- Gas permeable bottom laminate ensures accurate reflections of incubator conditions (normoxic or hypoxic).
- Multicellular co-culture, with meaningful organization into models of biological systems.
- Control over chemical gradients and flow across the gel region and/or within the media channels.
Novel posts enable easy gel filling & long working regions
AIM 3D Cell Culture Chips utilize a patented approach with a novel post design in conjunction with optimized post spacing & channel height. This allows hydrogels to be contained within gel channels during the hydrogel filling process, with little risk of leaking into adjacent channels. The DAX-1 chip, for instance, has a 14mm long gel region. The air-liquid interface is substantially flat & uniform, with minimal occurrence of concave (under-filled) or convex (over-filled) interfaces. As the hydrogel is caged within the gel channel, the meniscus that usually obstructs phase contrast imaging is also absent. In short, AIM chips make it easy for users to cast hydrogels for 3D cell culture, and provide excellent optical clarity for various imaging techniques.
Gas permeable laminate
AIM 3D Cell Culture Chips are fabricated with gas permeable laminates to ensure that oxygen tension in each chip correctly reflects incubator conditions. Users have the flexibility of setting up normoxic or hypoxic culture conditions.