Collagel® and Thermacol® Kits
$ 200.00 USD
Collagen gel solution with rapid gelation at 37 C (see Fig. 1 below).
- All components in one kit for creating a 3D cell-seeded bioartificial type I collagen gel (see Fig. 2 below).
- Multiple applications including tissue engineering, migration studies, differentiation, chemotaxis, cell interactions, & matrix interactions.
- Kit contains atelopeptide and telopetide-containing type I collagen, 5X MEM, fetal bovine serum, 1 M hepes, and 0.1 M NaOH.
- Available in three sizes: mini, midi, and maxi
Applications of Thermacol®
- 3D Cell Culture - culture cells in Collagel® to create a 3D cell-seeded type I collagen hydrogel.
- Tissue Engineering - use Collagel® with a Tissue Train® culture plate to create bioartificial tissues.
- Mechanical Load - culture cells in 3D then apply mechanical load with the Flexcell® Tension or Compression System.
- Drug Discovery - culturing cells in a 3D environment better mimics in vivo conditions and thus provides a platform to study the effects of various pharmacological agents on cells in a more natural environment.