A compact device designed to accept single membranes removed from the well of a BioFlex®, Tissue Train®, or UniFlex® culture plate and observe signaling responses to strain in real time.
- Uses single 1-inch well membrane
- Continue to strain cells while observing responses in real-time on a microscope stage
- Able to vary strains based on loading posts of different geometries
- Achieve gradient biaxial strain by freely deforming membrane in open chamber
- Apply equibiaxial strain to membrane by using a cylindrical loading post in chamber
- Apply uniaxial strain when using an Arctangle® loading post